RECOVERY AND INJURY PREVENTION WORKSHOP
The great juggle for all runners is balancing risk and reward. As runners, we are all well aware of the high incidence of injury within our sport and the effect time off training has on both performance and health. Similarly, when we are training hard and injury free, we are motivated to take our performance to another level and this requires optimal recovery in minimal time.
This course is all about offering you both theoretical information and practical strategies to facilitate optimal recovery between workouts and ensure you understand how to make maximum performance gains while reducing risk profile for injury and illness.
This course includes specific modules and your presenters are a range of leading health and performance experts.
This half day workshop includes the following modules:
- Welcome and Introduction (Raf Baugh B.Sc Physio, Level 2 AA Coach)
- Recovery for Runners Overview- Principles and Applications (Paul Goods, B.Sc Hons, PhD Candidate)
- Massage Therapy for Runners- Treatment types and applications (Adele Richards, Grad Dip)
- Practical Self Massage for Runners (Lauren Shelley, B.Sc Physio, Australian Marathon rep)
- Managing Load in your Training Plan (Ben Green, B.Sc Hons, Level 3 ATFCA)
- Running Risk- less risk and greater reward (Marc See, B.Sc Physio)
The course details are as follows:
- Date: Sunday, May 19th
- Time: 2.00pm-5.30pm
- Venue: TRC, 1273 Hay Street, West Perth
- Course Workbook provided for all subscribers
- Cost: $110pp
- Places: 20 maximum
With any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org