Canberra Times Fun Run 2023 Training Program
Canberra Runners Spring Training Program
Planning on running the Canberra Times Fun Run 5 or 10 km races on 5 November? Need a group to train with? We have the group for you.
The Canberra Times Fun Run Training Program is an 8-week training program designed to help you reach your running goals and coaches from Canberra Runners will be with you every step of the way.
Who should register? This training program is designed for:
- beginner runners wanting to participate in their first fun run;
- runners who've had a break and want to get back into regular training for the Canberra Times Fun Run;
- runners who want to improve their CT Fun Run 5 or 10 km time; and
- runners who hate running alone and need some running buddies.
When? Starting on Saturday 9 September we train three days a week: Tuesdays and Thursdays (6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.) and Saturdays (from 7:00 a.m.) for 8 weeks.
Where? Our training base is Parkes Place West Lawns cnr King Edward Terrace and Parkes Pl W, Parkes (Opposite Bureau of Meteorology/Treasury Building).
How much? The cost of the program is $120 for Canberra Runners members and $185 for non-members. Please note, your registration fee does not include Canberra Times Fun Run entry fee.
Joining The Canberra Times Fun Run Training Program 2023 includes:
- An 8-week structured training program - 3 sessions per week
- A Canberra Runners running T-Shirt or singlet (for registrations before 18 September 2023)*
- An information session on shoe selection and running specific stretches and exercises.
- Discounted entry to Canberra Times Fun Run
- Mentoring and advice from experienced and accredited coaches, experienced runners and past training program graduates
- 2024 Canberra Runners membership for non-members (including member prices for all 2023/2024 training programs)
- A gift voucher from The Runners Shop Phillip
- 5% off any sale items and 10% off other items at The Runners Shop Phillip
- A free functional strength assessment voucher from The Canberra Physio Clinic and 15% discount on all consultations.
- A free gait/footwear assessment voucher from The Walking Clinic and 15% discount on all consultations.
- The opportunity to participate for free in Canberra Runners events and group runs
- A celebratory dinner after the event (own expense).
*During the registration process you will be asked to order EITHER a Canberra Runners singlet or T-shirt. Please choose only one option. A sizing chart is below. Please choose your size now before preceeding.
Like to know more? Contact Ahmed or Sian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fees are not refundable. Exceptional circumstances may be considered, however an administration fee of $30 will apply. No refunds will be possible after 24 September 2023.