Australian Resuscitation Council
Advanced Life Support Course
Advanced Life Support - Level 2
Date: Tuesday 28th / Wednesday 29th November 2023
Venue: Eastern Health
Level 3, 5 Arnold Street - This is across the road from BOX HILL Hospital
BOX HILL VIC 3128
A 2-day course designed to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to manage the deteriorating patient, and the patient in cardiac arrest. This course is suitable for healthcare professionals who may frequently encounter deteriorating patients in their clinical practice. Applicants typically include Doctors and Nurses working in critical care (eg. Emergency, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, High Dependency), and Paramedics.
The ARC ALS course is a standardised national course with international accreditation. This course is also recognised for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit with RACGP, ANZCA, CICM, ACRRM, ACN, ACEM, and RACP.
- Pre-course MCQ
- Competency based Skill Stations (Airway, CPR, Defibrillation, Deteriorating Patient)
- Cardiac Arrest Simulation Test
- Post-course MCQ
Successful candidates receive an ALS completion card issued by the ARC (valid for four years).
You will learn:
- Recognition, assessment and management of the critically ill patient using a structured ABCDE approach
- Airway management skills
- Basic Life Support
- Defibrillation - Manual / AED
- Cardiac arrest management using ARC ALS algorithm
- Post Resuscitation management
- Working effectively as a team leader, and team member
For more information, contact Deb Sharp – Endurance Medical Services (PH) 0410 794 631 or (E) firstname.lastname@example.org