Get Running 2022
Canberra Runners 5/10km Training Program
Do you wish you could run? Do you want to improve your Park Run time? Do you want to complete your first fun run? Do you just want to get off the coach and shed some weight? Now’s the time to start.
Get Running 2022 is Canberra Runners' 8-week training program designed to help you reach your running goals and finish the 5.4km or 10km fun run at the Canberra Times Marathon Festival.
Who should register? This training program is designed for you if you:
- want to start running;
- run 5 kms regularly but want to step up to 10 kms;
- used to run and need help to start again; or
- hate running alone and need some running buddies.
When? Starting on Sunday 13 February 2022 we train three mornings a week: Tuesday and Thursday (6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.) and Sunday (from 7:30 a.m.) for 8 weeks.
Where? Our training base is the entrance to Weston Park, near Yarralumla Dog Park, Banks St Yarralumla.
How much? The cost of the program is $80 for Canberra Runners members and $140 for non-members.
Join Get Running 2022 and receive:
- An 8-week structured training program run by an experienced and accredited coach - 3 sessions per week
- Mentoring and advice from experienced runners
- Canberra Runners membership for the remainder of 2022 (if you’re not already a member)
- A $20 gift voucher from The Runners Shop Phillip
- 5% off any sale items and 10% off other items at The Runners Shop Phillip
- A free functional strength assessment voucher from The Canberra Physio Clinic
- A free gait/footwear assessment voucher from The Walking Clinic
- The opportunity to participate for free in Canberra Runners events and group runs
- Discounted entry for Capital to Coast
- A celebratory dinner after the event (own expense)
Like to know more? Contact Barb.
Registration fees are not refundable. Exceptional circumstances may be considered, however an administration fee of $30 will apply. No refunds will be possible after 1 March 2022.