Step Up to Half 2022
Canberra Runners Half Marathon Training Program
Have you mastered your 5 km Park Run and want to step it up? Or was 10 km last year's lockdown project, and now you’re ready for your next challenge? Always wished you could run a half marathon? Now’s the time to start.
Step Up to Half is Canberra Runners’ Half Marathon Training Program designed to help you reach your running goals and finish the Canberra Runners Half Marathon on 22 May 2022 with a smile on your face.
Who should register? This training program is designed for you if you:
- Want to run the Canberra Runners Half Marathon on 22 May 2022
- Have never run a half marathon before
- Run regularly and want to step up to a half marathon
- Used to run but have got out of the habit and need support to get back into it again
- Hate running alone and need some running buddies.
When? Starting on Saturday 26 February 2022 we train three mornings a week: Tuesday and Thursday (6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.) and Saturday (from 7:00 a.m.) for 13 weeks.
Where? Our training base is Regatta Point, 1 Barrine Drive, Parkes.
How much? The cost of the program is $100 for Canberra Runners members and $160 for non-members – less than $4.50 per session!
Joining Step Up to Half 2022 includes:
- A 12-week structured training program run by an experienced and accredited coach - 3 sessions per week
- Free entry to Canberra Runners Half Marathon on 22 May 2022
- Mentoring and advice from experienced runners
- Canberra Runners membership for the remainder of 2022 (if you’re not already a member)
- A $20 gift voucher from The Runners Shop Phillip
- 5% off any sale items and 10% off other items at The Runners Shop Phillip
- A free functional strength assessment from The Canberra Physio Clinic
- A free gait/footwear assessment from The Walking Clinic
- The opportunity to participate for free in Canberra Runners events and group runs
- Discounted entry for Capital to Coast
- A celebratory dinner after the event (own expense)
Like to know more? Contact George.
Registration fees are not refundable. Exceptional circumstances may be considered, however an administration fee of $30 will apply. No refunds will be possible after 1 April 2022.