The Glow Worm Tunnel Trail Weekend is back!
As you are aware we need plenty of Event Staff and dozens of Volunteers to make this a successful weekend of events.
Summit Gear Katoomba and Blue Mountains Fitness have taken over the event from MountainsSports. Rob and Tony are passionate trail runners and we think the event is in good hands! We have a lot of race experience from a runners, commercial operators and volunteering perspective and it is time for us to step up and run a big event.
Most of the course has survived the bushfires and floods. Parks are busy fixing up any problems on the trail. We have put together some awesome events and combinations.
LaSportiva are on board as our main sponsor and Tailwind Australia is the supplier of the on course race fuel.
This is the schedule of events:
Saturday AM - Marathon, Half Marathon, 1st Leg of 2 Day Marathon
Saturday PM - Ted English Bolt Ruins Run
Sunday AM - Half Marathon,
Sunday PM - Kids 1km
Sunday PM - Mountain Mile
The new 2 Day Marathon gives you the chance to complete the tough Glow Worm Tunnel Marathon course over two days. Do the first leg over Pipeline and back and around the ruins on Day 1 and on Day 2 do the second leg of the Marathon (the Half Marathon course).
The Kids 1km will be open to all kids Under 12.
For the hard core ultra runners we'll have 3 new combination events:
The Double - Marathon Saturday/Half Marathon Sunday
The Triple Crown - Marathon and 6km Saturday/Half Marathon Sunday
The Grand Slam - Marathon and 6km Saturday/Half Marathon and Mountain Mile 1.30pm Sunday
Entertainment on Saturday evening has been organized. We have a cinema for the kids and adults, bar, a band and plenty of fun things all weekend.. The best GWT weekends in the past have been the ones with entertainment in the evening! Again with COVID restrictions possibly limiting what we can provide we will be give details on this later.
We need volunteers for the following roles:
- Car Park Marshalls - Sat AM and Sun AM
- Registration Desk and Check in - Fri PM, Sat AM/PM, Sun AM
- Traffic Marshalls assisting Traffic Controllers at River Crossing and Event Hub - Sat AM/PM, Sun AM/PM
- On Course Marathon and Half Marathon Marshalls - Sat AM/Sat PM/Sun AM/Sun PM
- On Course Kids Race Marshalls - Sun PM
- On Course Ted Bolt Ruins 6km Marshalls - Sat PM
- Event Set Up Volunteers - Thurs PM, Fri all day
- Event Pack Up Volunteers - Monday AM
- Event Hub Housekeeping Marshalls - Sat AM/PM, Sun AM/PM
- Medal Presenters - Sat AM/PM, Sun AM/PM
- Aid Station Marshalls - Sat AM/PM, Sun AM/PM.
- Course Forerunners
- Course Sweepers
- There are probably lots more tasks to do - add them in the "other" section when you get to the questions!
We will reward our GWTM Vollies with either GWTM 2022 tickets, merchandise or some other cool sponsor products.
Please see the questions to state what roles you would like to fill and what days you are available.
If you have any problems with the registration process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0402925608 and we'll do our best to get you through it