The 2022 Jumbo Holdsworth Trail race is the 28th running of the tough but spectacular event. Come and join other trail and endurance junkies traversing between the peaks of Pukeahurangi/Jumbo and Taratahi/Holdsworth, all for a bit of fun and the inevitable war stories.
There are three events on the day - all are mountain endurance runs in the Tararua Forest Park, encompassing the Jumbo - Mt Holdsworth Circuit or the Holdsworth - Jumbo Circuit (your choice of which direction) and the Holdsworth Lodge - Mountain House Circuit.
This next iteration of the race in 2022, will be the first time we will have a direction identified as the 'Championship' race direction.
This race is a specific direction around the main course for the purpose of letting those who are competitive know what race to enter in order to test themselves against each other.
In order to place on the podium and qualify for category prizes, you must enter the 'Championship' race.
The final results will include every runner, regardless of the direction they chose to race.
You are still welcome to race any direction you wish, provided we do not hit the limit of 120 per direction.
This does not apply to the hooper loop as there is one direction, all runners in that race qualify for the podium and category prizes.
Race entry fees are as follows;
- Jumbo-Holdsworth Trail Race - 24km - $65
- Holdsworth-Jumbo Trail Race - 24km - $65
- Hooper Loop Trail Race - 12km - $55
- Entries will close on Saturday the 22nd of January 2022 at 5pm.
- There are no 'on the day' entries or course changes.
- If you wish to withdraw please contact email@example.com, there is a 50% refund up until the close of entry date on the 22nd of January 2022, after that time we will not offer any refund.
- You cannot gift your entry to someone else, it will go to the next person on the waitlist.
- Any change to the course or direction you wish to run takes administration time to arrange and incurs a $15 fee. If the course or direction are full, changing your entry may not be possible.
- All competitors need to be over the age of 18yrs as at 29/01/2022 . You may be able to race if you are younger, but at the organisers discretion. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- COVID-19 Information:
- Alert Level 1: The event will run on the day as normal, utilising a health and safety plan which covers hygiene and social distancing measures.
- Alert Level 2: we will do our best to accommodate the event with the rules in place at the time, as per Sport NZ recommended guidelines. Should government or Sport NZ advice change, we will follow any guidelines set, which could make it impossible to run the event at Alert Level 2. A full refund minus $5 (to cover the registration system fees) will be available to anyone not wishing to compete under Alert Level 2.
- Alert Level 3 and 4: The event will likely cancelled with full refund minus $5 (to cover the registration system fees) available to all competitors.