We return to Oxley Creek Common to run the first LOS team event in Australia.
Starting at 10:00 pm on October 16th, the event will run simultaneously with Big's Backyard Ultra in Tennessee. In the event that we are again at the mercy of restricted travel, we will also incorporate an Australian team to compete in the international event should it go ahead in lieu of the Backyard World Championship.
In addition, a regular (if it can be said) individual LOS event will run with all team members included as well as individual runners.
Oxley Creek Common (https://goo.gl/maps/3T5MFLfe7sq), Rocklea, Brisbane South Side
10:00 pm, October 16th (until there is only one!)
- Run entirely on smooth trail
- 1 lap per hour
- 6.706 km/lap with 69 metres of ascent/descent each lap
- Be ready to start your next lap on the hour (at the ring of the bell) to continue … inches matter! (see rule 4, it’s as much about management as it is athletic ability)
- Last one standing has to complete another hour on their own to win or they're also a DNF
- All 'non-winners' get a DNF memento commemorate their failure
- The team with the highest accumulated lap total wins (and the last one standing wins the individual event)
- Cooking amenities
- Food, water and electrolyte for competitors
- First aid
- Toilet facilities
Participants are advised to use their own crew, but it’s not essential.
Rules available at www.aaaracing.com.au