SWIM COURSE: Approx 2.3km from Narrow Neck Beach to Balmain Reserve, Cheltenham Beach
CATEGORIES: Individual - Senior Male (15+), Senior Female (15+), Junior Male (14-), Junior Female(14-)
REGISTRATIONS: Register online by clicking the link on this page. Registrations will remain open until 5pm on Friday, April 30th unless we reach our maximum beforehand. Please note that our last open water swim reached cut-off point several days prior to the swim, so please don't leave it until the last minute. There are NO swim-day registrations.
CONFIRMATIONS: Swim day confirmations are open from 7:00am at Narrow Neck Beach. For safety and regulation reasons, no-one will be permitted to swim without having confirmed at the desk. Please remember your BIB number or bring it along with you to help keep the confirmation queue short.
GEAR: Your gear will be transported in a secure trailer to Balmain Reserve for collection at the conclusion of your swim.
REQUIREMENTS: Wet suits are optional. Swim caps are compulsory - please bring your own. We may have a couple spare at the registration desk should you forget.
RACE BRIEFING: A full race briefing will be given at Narrow Neck Beach at 8:45am.
START TIME: The Start Horn goes at 9.00am at the boat ramp end of Narrow Neck Beach, Devonport
ENTRY FEES: Seniors $35 / Juniors $25
RegisterNow booking fee of 3% applies plus card fee. Example: Senior Female paying with Mastercard Debit card will be charged a total of $35 + $1.74 = $36.74
LATE FEES: Late Fees apply from 9pm, Friday April 23rd 2021. Late Fee $10.
PAYMENTS: Credit Card Registrations are confirmed immediately via email. Check www.devoswim.org.nz closer to the date for race-day information, changes due to weather, and last minute advice
QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com
REFRESHMENTS: Fresh bacon & egg pie / vege option and drinks will be available to all entrants
PRIZES: Prizes to category winners + lots of spot prizes, mostly donated by local sponsors TBA.
CANCELLATION: In the event of an extreme weather forecast the day before, we will email all entrants on 30th April 2021 at 7pm to announce any changes to the course or cancellation. It will also be published on this website and on devoswim.org.nz.
Early on the day of the race we shall make a last inspection of the course to ensure it is safe. If a NO GO is decided, the announcement will be made on this website no later than 7am on 1st May. Otherwise, assume it will be a GO.
Please note, this course may be slightly altered on the day. Be sure to listen to the safety briefing.