10 important triathlon rules to remember ….
1. Competitors must behave in a manner that is safe, fair and demonstrates good sports conduct before, during and after the race. Be careful, enjoy yourself and don’t give anyone else a hard time.
2. You must stay on the prescribed course and it is your responsibility to know the course (don’t rely on marshals or spectators to tell you during the race). Do not cut inside swim buoys, or cut corners on the ride or run.
3. Do not throw anything (goggles, sunglasses, etc) onto the course or to spectators – you must place all your gear with your bike in transition.
4. Your torso must be covered on both the cycle and run – either with swimmers, or a singlet or t-shirt.
5. You may not receive outside assistance of any kind from anyone. For help, see a race official.
REMEMBER TO DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS AND WEAR SUNSCREEN AND A HAT.
Enjoy your race!