WELCOME TO AFTERGLOW: REDUX 2020
Yep, nothing can rein in a trail-frothing unicorn. So COVID may change the way we gallop, but it won't stop us a-spreadin singletrack rainbows.
So - same unicorn date (21st November 2020), same unicorn buffoonery, same rainbow vibe, just with different locations across Australia (and the globe!) and under who knows what conditions, pending whatever the COVID regulations are come that date. [Come 21st November, maybe we will still be able to gather in small groups; maybe even still down on the Surf Coast!]. Unfortunately, we just can’t do it in the organised and supported way we usually do for Afterglow (and Surf Coast Trail Marathon).
So for 2020 only we will do a Virtual Unicorn Gathering – which won’t be that virtual – you still have to get out and run, somewhere, some distance. It may even still hurt you. But you won’t need VR Goggles. You can immerse yourself on real trails, in real bush, with real tutus on.
So sign up today to join in the fluro fun.
*”Claytons. The drink you’re having when you’re not having a drink.”
Here’s the low down:
$44 + Register Now fee (all distances)
*if you have already entered and your original entry fee was higher than $44, and you still wish to take part, there will be options of remainder refund or put remaining value towards 2021 event.
· Trail Unicorn Headscarf (i.e. Thir/Buff-like) (RRP$28) ALL DISTANCES
· Trail Unicorn Sticker (RRP$5) ALL DISTANCES - see image top right
· Trail Unicorn Sew On Bag Patch (RRP$10) HALF MARATHON, MARATHON or ULTRA
· Trail Unicorn Soft Flask (RRP$20) MARATHON or ULTRA only (you’ll need one)
· Afterglow Run Bib (to wear on day) ALL DISTANCES
· Postage of all prior to event ALL DISTANCES
· Eligibility to win prizes (fashion based, not place based! To be announced)
· Log your distance and time on a Strava Run Group (*platform TBC) + a results page (good f you need to qualify for a other future events, like Two Bays etc)
· Join in the Live morning feed, participate in photo posting and bombing!
TIME: we will have an allocated start time on Saturday PM as per usual. Details will be fed through down the track.
LIVE STREAM: We will live stream a FB ‘start’ – we will be running the Surf Coast Walk (restrictions permitting) from Pt Addis. If restrictions allow – please do come down the Surf Coast and join us!
SOCIAL POSTING: use
RUN + TIME POSTING: we will facilitate an upload community likely on Strava (join for free) and another results portal where everyone can upload their distance and time.
· 64km + (you can run as long as you like!)
REGISTER BY: 3rd NOVEMBER*
** YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY LATEST COB 3rd NOVEMBER - this is to ensure we leave plenty of time for Australia Post to do its thing. That is, take ages to deliver**
We will send out any entries that come in after that but CANNOT guarantee or even hope that your parcel will arrive on time!
Follow news at:
Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org