× Warning! It looks like you are using Internet Explorer 10.
Are you aware that Microsoft is phasing out all support of Internet Explorer and now recommends using Microsoft Edge? For best results and usability Register Now recommends upgrading or changing your browser to Microsoft Edge or any of the latest versions of the below browsers.
For a faster, safer browser experience we recommend using the latest version of:
Google Chrome | Mozilla Firefox | Apple Safari | Microsoft Edge
× Warning! It looks like you are using Internet Explorer 11.
Are you aware that Microsoft is phasing out all support of Internet Explorer and now recommends using Microsoft Edge? For best results and usability Register Now recommends upgrading or changing your browser to Microsoft Edge or any of the latest versions of the below browsers.
For a faster, safer browser experience we recommend using the latest version of:
Google Chrome | Mozilla Firefox | Apple Safari | Microsoft Edge

Registrations are closed


Registrations are now closed.

Organiser

Shepparton Running Festival

Date:

Saturday, 22 August 2020 - Sunday, 23 August 2020

Location:

Shepparton


Registration closes on:

Monday, 1 June 2020 at 12:00 AM - (GMT+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

The Shepparton Runners Club have been faced with one of the most difficult decisions in the history of our event. It is with deep sadness that due to COVID-19, we announce the cancellation of the Shepparton Running Festival, scheduled to be held on 22 & 23 August 2020.

We know that this news is an enormous disappointment, not only to our participants, but also to our stakeholders, partners and our volunteers. We know many of you have grown to know and love this event, because many of you return year after year and we thank you for your support.

The process we went through to make this decision meant that we looked at several scenarios. We examined the information from the Victorian State Government that we have now and together with Greater Shepparton City Council we tried to predict what Covid-19 restrictions would look like in late August and then there’s the scenario of a second wave and restrictions staying tight.

We considered control measures such as a reshaped start, finish line and course. Spreading races over two days and even what our aid stations would look like. What we do know is information and predictions will keep changing as there are still so many unknowns until we are clearly on the other side of this pandemic. We had to consider our financial situation and that of our sponsors. The risk to our local community and if they are ready to receive visitors and the liability of a COVID-19 outbreak. We know we have a responsibility to reactivate our economy, however August was approaching fast.

Above all, we have a responsibility to you, our runners and next week we will be sending all current entrants an email asking if you prefer a full refund (less credit card and registration fees) or a rollover to 2021. We would like to thank all those who messaged us and got in touch to tell us how keen you were for our event to go ahead.

We know this news is disappointing.

We now look towards 2021 when we will have a new AIMS certified course and we make sure there is enough room for everyone.

Yours sincerely,

Mathieu Ryan

Committee President

Shepparton Runners Club