Welcome to the Mount Glorious Trails Run 2021, it is that time of year again!
You might note that we have changed the date from previous years. We have had to postpone the event several times in recent years, due to weather events, so we are trying something new by holding the event in November.
This is a very tough event so make sure that you are well trained, healthy and uninjured. This course is 22km long, with 1,200m ascent and 600m descent.
This is for fit and healthy runners only, not for walkers. The race cut off is 4 hrs 15 minutes. If you are unwell on the day we ask that you do not start the race.
This year we'll have four starting waves again. Please note that no participants under the age of 18 are allowed.
****To apply TRAQ Membership race discounts you'll need to register at Qld Athleticshttps://www.revolutionise.com.au/trailrunningassocqld/registration/. Annual TRAQ Membership is only $20.00.****
Some important things to consider when you enter:
1. There are 4 start waves, wave 1 is the fastest. If you think you may have a chance to be among the fastest 3 men/women, make sure you enter in wave 1, because the prizes go to the first three women and men over the finish line. We don’t take your wave into consideration. (However, the published results will be adjusted by wave).
2. Conversely, if you are a slower runner, make sure you enter in wave 2, 3 or 4 . Please note that the start time difference between the first and the last wave is only 15 minutes, and only 5 minutes between waves.
3. Mount Glorious has limited parking facilities at the start and at the finish. Also, the traffic can be a bit dangerous along the Mt Glorious Road, so please consider taking the bus from The Gap Park ‘n Ride (no extra expense).
4. If you do go by car, make sure you share it with friends who also participate or please indicate that you would like to car pool. We will get you in touch with others who live in your area. You will see some transport questions as you complete your entry. If you are driving to the start, do not select the 'bus' option. You will still be able to catch the bus from the finish to the start to collect your car. If you select the 'bus' option your race bib will be on the bus, not at the registration table.
5. Please note that after the race bus transport is provided to get you back to your car at the start line.
6. The bus(es) from The Gap will leave at 5:30am. You should be at the Park'n'Ride, ready to board the bus by 5:20am. You will collect your race bib and safety pins before you board the bus.
Yours in trail running
Julie Ellett (0422 986 848)
Mt Glorious Event Organiser and Committee Member