Registrations are closed
Registrations are now closed.
Please look for further training opportunities on our website (subscribe there to our enewsletter), follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Embedding Outdoor Learning: 1-day (9am - 4pm) Workshop for Primary School Educators
All workshop content and modules are mapped to the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA) and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL)
- Discuss the researched impact of regular outdoor learning on children’s physical, social and intellectual development, self-esteem and resilience
- Explore how to embed and timetable regular outdoor learning experiences into your curriculum programming, supporting the Australian National Curriculum, with a strong focus on STEM and the Age Appropriate Pedagogy Framework.
- Take part in a group active planning session with likeminded teachers working within your age phase, mapping outdoor learning opportunities to the Australian National Curriculum Learning Area Content Descriptions.
- Participate in a diverse range of outdoor learning ‘lessons’, focusing on STEM and other curriculum subject areas.
- Explore strategies to record and evaluate students’ learning using a range of formative, peer and self-assessment methods, embedding a growth mindset approach to learning.
- Explore through a series of case studies how outdoor learning can become a key component in whole school philosophy and practice.
- Share ideas, resources and recommendations for developing nature spaces, playgrounds and outdoor classrooms at your school, including developing simple playtime and outdoor learning resource kits.
- Discuss and practically explore how to maintain student safety outside of the classroom through the development of risk-benefit assessment, policies and procedures and most importantly by empowering your students.
- Discuss suggested outdoor learning routines, expectations, rules and behaviour management strategies.
- Discover a range of implementation techniques to engage and inspire parents, colleagues, your senior leader team, the local community and of your course your students.
- Develop a structured ‘action plan’ to record your next steps to implementation at your school.
- Receive a 40 page ‘Outdoor Learning Handbook’ including relevant polices, documentation, planning resources, lesson plans, risk management procedures and much more!
- Receive a USB with an adaptable version of the Outdoor Learning Handbook, Research, a PowerPoint presentation to inspire your parents and colleagues and a series of short films for continuing professional development.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL)
Know students and how they learn - 1.1, 1.2
Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning – 3.2, 3.3
Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments – 4.1, 4.3, 4.4
Additional standards addressed - 5.1, 7.3