Registrations are closed
Registrations are now closed.
The Canberra Times Marathon Festival 5/10 Km Training Program 2020
A YMCA Canberra Runners Club Training Program
Want to get fit for 2020? Need to lose some Christmas kilos? Want to run your first fun run? Planning on entering a race at the Canberra Times Marathon Festival and need some running buddies? Want to improve your park run time?
The Canberra Times Marathon Festival 5.3/10 Km Training Program 2020 is an 8-week training program designed to help you reach your running goals and the trainers from the YMCA Canberra Runners Club (YCRC) will be with you every step of the way.
Who should register? This training program is designed for you if you:
- want to start running;
- run regularly, but want to improve;
- used to run and need help to start again; or
- hate running alone and need some running buddies.
When? Starting on Sunday 9 February we train three mornings a week: Tuesday and Thursday (6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.) and Sunday (from 7:30 a.m.) for 8 weeks. Our training program will culminate with participation in the 5.3 and/or 10 km events during the Canberra Times Marathon Festival on the 4/5 April 2020.
Where? Our training base is the entrance to Weston Park, at the corner of Banks and Brown Streets, Yarralumla.
How much? The cost of the program is $70 for YCRC members and $125 for non-members. (Please note: Entry to the Canberra Times Marathon Festival events is not included).
Joining the Canberra Times Marathon Festival 5/10 Km Training Program 2020 includes:
- an 8-week structured training program - 3 sessions per week
- a free YCRC t-shirt
- mentoring by experienced YCRC runners
- weekly newsletters full of great running advice and motivation
- a great atmosphere and supportive environment
- YCRC membership for the remainder of 2020
- the opportunity to participate for free in 2020 YCRC events and training groups.
Like to know more? Contact YCRCtraining@gmail.com .