The National Privacy Principles
Collection of personal information
AMHA only collects personal information which is necessary to perform the objectives of the Association, namely to:
- promote and co-ordinate national activities and programmes related to mining history;
- encourage the study, discussion, writing and publication of mining history;
- encourage the identification and preservation of records, sites, relics and materials relevant to Australasian mining;
- act as a focus for correspondence between those persons within Australasia and elsewhere interested in mining history; and
- disseminate information of interest to members through a website, newsletter and/or journal.
The Association receives information including name, address, telephone, email and facsimile contact details from members and non-members on membership applications, membership renewal forms and conference registrations. AMHA maintains and uses this information in written and/or electronic form.
The AMHA may collect some information from you when you use our website www.mininghistory.asn.au. Your use of the facilities and services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information which we collect about you. The only personal information the AMHA collects about you when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form when you complete a questionnaire. As with most websites we do track usage. Each time you visit our website a web server makes a record of your visit. It records your date of visit and the pages accessed and documents downloaded.
Use of personal information
Personal information collected by AMHA is essential to its organisational activities and is used for:
- managing membership and membership renewals
- fulfilling subscription requests and member services
- registrations for conference
- organising conferences
- distribution of publications
- notifying AMHA members via the website, regular mail or email about important news and announcements.
Normal communication with members will be conducted using the email address provided in the membership application/renewal form, unless a request is made to use a different email address.
Disclosure of personal information
Information collected by AMHA will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected or to provide members with additional information about the Associations services. AMHA does not share or sell membership information to third parties.
Access to personal information
Members may request access to their personal information held by AMHA. Requests will be responded to as quickly as possible. Members may request to be removed from the mailing list at any time. Members wishing to access their personal information or to raise a query or make a complaint about AMHA’s use of their personal information should contact the Secretary.