Welcome to the Sorrento Bay Swim 2020 registration page.
This exciting summer event is:
- a flat water swim held at the Sorrento bay beach
- suits all swimmers from beginners to pros, comprising a choice of 600m, 2,000m and Elite 4,000m swims
- part of the Cousins Great Victorian Swim Series
- raises funds directly for the running of the Sorrento Surf Life Saving Club
Entry fees are $40 for the 600m swim and $70 for the 2000m and 4000m swims. A special discounted rate of $130 is offered for those wishing to swim in both the 2,000m and 4,000m swims, plus there are further discounted early bird rates for the 2,000m and 4,000m swims.*
* Please note that no refunds will be given once registration is complete. All entry fees will be treated as a donation to Sorrento Surf Life Saving Club.
This year we are introducing a tide assisted straight line Elite 4,000m swim (there is an expectation entrants will finish this course within one hour).
All participants receive an artist designed event t-shirt and coloured swim cap (each race has a different colour cap).
Registration will occur on the Sorrento
Foreshore (near The Baths Restaurant) in the Finish Line area and swim
briefings will be given in front of the Race Director’s tower in the same area.
Courtesy buses will be available to transport entrants to the 2,000m and 4,000m
The 2020 swim start times and course layouts can be found on the www.sorrentoslsc.com/swim websiteand you can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sorrentobayswim/
Please note the timing devices need to be worn on the wrist and they must be returned to a volunteer at the finish line (non returned timing tags and straps will cost $93.50).
Thank you for participating and good luck with your swim!
*Due to the current circumstances of air quality being effected by the bushfires, we are monitoring the conditions closely, and ask that entrants also follow the advice provided by the EPA at https://www.epa.vic.gov.au/for-community/environmental-information/air-quality/smoke/smoke-your-health and AIS at https://ais.gov.au/position_statements#smoke_pollution_and_exercise