The O'Keefe Challenge is more than just a race or fun run - it celebrates fitness, nature and the community spirit of the Heathcote region.
We invite you to follow the spectacular old rail trail from Bendigo to the heart of Heathcote, as it weaves its way through bushland, open fields, farms, and past Lake Eppalock.
Wait! Want to enter an Ekiden Relay team? Click here to register a relay team >
Run / Walk:
No matter what your age or ability, running or walking, there's a challenge waiting for you:
- 42.2km Marathon (Bendigo to Heathcote)
- 21.1km Half Marathon (Knowsley to Heathcote)
- 10km (Starts and finishes in Heathcote)
- 5km (Starts and finishes in Heathcote)
- Kids' Race (approx 1km) (Starts and finishes in Heathcote)
- Kids' 500m Dash (Starts and finishes in Heathcote) - Enter on the day
Get a team of seven people together to tackle the O'Keefe Challenge Marathon course from Bendigo to Heathcote. The legs vary in distance between 2.7km and 9.35 km.
Light The Trail - Friday Night Social Ride
- 26km - Axedale to Heathcote
- 41km - Bendigo to Heathcote
Visit the O'Keefe Challenge website >