Melbourne Winter Swim Series 2
brought to you by Rip Swim
After the success of our first series, we have decided to run another 6 week series. Once again, You can race or just aim to do a certain distance to see how you are acclimatising to the water temperature.
This time we will also be adding a couple of new courses for those swimming a little further.
Please note that you will be able to nominate what distance you would like to swim on the day so you are lucky enough to assess the weather on the day!!
> What: Race or just test yourself for a distance (500, 1000, 1500, 2000)
> Event Dates: Saturdays - July 20, 27 and August 3,10,17, 24
> Location: St Kilda Beach (out the front of South Pacific Health Club)
> Times: 7.45 am meeting for an 8.10am sharp start!
> Cost: $180 (for all 6 dates) OR $40 per event
- Record of your time/distance swum at each event
- Set up of a handicap race for the final week
- Prizes for the handicap event
- Prizes for "best and fairest"
- Discounted entry to the South Pacific Health Club to warm up (steam room & hot pool)
- Safety kayaks at each event
- Land safety person at each event
- Bragging rights to becoming a Winter Warrior!
Please note that we encourage you to try and swim without wetsuits but want you to be safe