08 - 18 JUNE 2020
29 JUNE - 09 JULY 2020
Registrations are now being called for supporters of the #fightingptsdvicpol campaign to participate in a guided Trek over the historical Kokoda Track with 'No Roads Expeditions'.
2 Treks are available - Trek #1 will take place 08-18June 2020 and Trek #2 taking place 29Jun-09Jul 2020.
Should capacity be reached on both treks, a 3rd trek may be arranged.
1. A maximum number of 30 members can participate in each trek with 2 x groups of 15 people per trek group.
2. Nominate which group you would like to be in as part of your registration. Trek #1 = Groups A or B \ Trek #2 = Groups C or D
3 . This registration is your commitment to participate in the trek.
4. An Australian Passport valid for more than 6 months is required by the participant
5. Trek Cost Details - All costs are approximate with final costs being advised once registrations have been received. As No Roads Expeditions are also a registered travel agent, group flight discounts will be sought.
6. Participants are encouraged not to engage external flight providers so as to retain easy administration of all participants. Quoted international airfare is approximate, once final costing is known, the difference in quoted airfare to what is paid will be applied to balance owing or refunded to the participant.
- Trek = $3,582.00pp (note a 10% discount has been applied)
- International Airfares ex Melbourne to PNG and return = $1,000
- Insurance = $100pp (approximate cost only)
- Personal Porters (Optional) $720pp
- Backpack Hire (Optional) $70pp
1. Once trek registrations have closed, Invoices will be issued from No Roads Expeditions to each participant detailing all costs. A 10% deposit will be required to be paid within 14 days of invoice being issued.
2. Participants can either make regular payments via direct deposit or credit card or pay upfront. Any outstanding balance is to be paid no later than 45 days prior to trek departure. Direct Deposit / Credit card details required for payment will be included in each issued invoice. All payments will be between the participant and No Roads Expeditions.
3. No Roads Expeditions will manage / track all payments.
4. BankVic will look to offer finance options for anyone who may be interested participating in the Kokoda Trek. BankVic will provide further details shortly on a unique personal loan offer to support those attending Kokoda Trek 2020. Stay tuned for further details.
GENERAL TREK INFORMATION:
It is anticipated that some of the trek guides will be current serving VicPol members who have vast Kokoda Trekking experience. The trekkers will be divided into 2 groups of 15 personnel who will commence the trek a couple of hours apart but will plan to meet up along the way and possibly at the end of each day.
Information events will be organised with No Roads Expeditions as an opportunity to meet our allocated Trek Guides and for a general Q & A about the trek. Date and Venue to be notified.
Discount equipment hire (ie Backpack) available or discount vouchers to be supplied by No Roads Expeditions for participants to purchase own equipment such as boots, backpacks and poles etc.
Scheduled free No Roads Expeditions training walks will be conducted for all participants to attend.
Trek participants to conduct their own individual fundraising campaign with all proceeds going towards the #fightingptsdvicpol campaign.
#fightingptsdvicpol Contacts for the treks are: Gary Swanton - 0430 339 921 and Linda Herbet - 0403 006 943
No Roads Expeditions Contact - Fiona Smith - email@example.com / 03 9598 8581 / https://www.kokodaexpeditions.com.au/
- Hand selected and trained Australian and Local Guide for the entire expedition
- Electrolyte supplement such as Hydralyte, essential for such a trip
- All domestic schedule flights
- Satellite phone for emergency purposes
- AED Defibrillator on all Australian Led trip
- River rescue team and procedures, essential for large rivers
- Government Taxes (except visa charge and civil aviation terminal facilities charge)
- Shower tent to wash with soap and protect the environment. Hot showers are available.
- 10 delicious breakfasts, 9 nutritious lunches, 9 fresh dinners. Meals on expedition include Curries and Pasta. All prepared by a trained MasterChef. (Dietary requirements such as vegetarians/vegans/gluten intolerant can be incorporated)
- All transfers including those from the airport and from Owers Corner
- Visit Bomana War Cemetery
- Nutritious and delicious food for our local guide team who deserve the best.
- All accommodation outside of Port Moresby in either insect proof tents or guest houses
- Kokoda Track Permit
- Hand selected Guide and local team (who carry all group equipment, food, set up tents etc)
- 1 to 1 General Guide-Client ratio
- A rubbish Guide that takes all our rubbish and other operators rubbish from the Track
- Tent hire and floor mats.
- 2 nights accommodation in Port Moresby twin share (4 star Holiday Inn : the best in Port Moresby)
- Dinner on the last night at hotel
- Snack Pack for each expedition day to get you between meals
- VHF Radio contact with Port Moresby, Kokoda and 10 other Track villages for emergency purposes.
- No Roads Expedition T-shirt
- Urine and health chart
- Access to your Australian Guide for advice prior to the expedition
- Access to FREE weekend walks before and after the expedition
Further information may be viewed here >> https://www.noroads.com.au/expeditions/detail/australian-led-kokoda
Kokoda Trek Profile: