Welcome to the Mount Glorious Trails Run
2020, it is that time of year again!
This is a very tough event so make sure that you are well trained, healthy and uninjured. This course is 22km long, with 1,200m ascent and 600m descent.
This is for fit and healthy runners only, not for walkers. The race cutoff is 4 hrs 15 minutes.
This year we'll have four starting waves again. Please note that no
participants under the age of 18 are allowed.
****To apply TRAQ Membership race discounts you'll need to register at Qld
Athletics https://www.revolutionise.com.au/trailrunningassocqld/registration/. Annual TRAQ Membership is only $17.50.****
Some important things to consider when you
1. There are 4 start waves, wave 1 is the fastest.
If you think you may have a chance to be among the fastest 3 men/women, make
sure you enter in wave 1, because the prizes go to the first three women and
men over the finish line. We don’t take your wave into
consideration. (However, the published results will be adjusted by
2. Conversely, if you are a slower runner, make sure you
enter in wave 2, 3 or 4 . Please note that the start time difference
between the first and the last wave is only 15 minutes, and only 5 minutes
3. Mount Glorious has limited parking facilities at the start and due to works being undertaken there is no parking at Maiala Park at
the top of the mountain this year.. Also, the traffic can be a bit dangerous along the Mt Glorious Road, so
please consider taking the bus from The Gap Park ‘n Ride (no extra expense).
4. If you do go by car, make sure you share it with
friends who also participate or please indicate that you would like to car
pool. We will get you in touch with others who live in your area. You
will see some transport questions as you complete your entry. If you are driving to the start, do not select the 'bus' option. You will still be able to catch the bus from the finish to the start to collect your car. If you select the 'bus' option your race bib will be on the bus, not at the registration table.
5. Please note that after the race bus transport is
provided to get you back to your car at the start line.
6. The bus(es) from The Gap will leave at 5:30am. You should be at the Park'n'Ride, ready to board the bus by 5:20am. You will collect your race bib and safety pins before you board the bus.
Yours in trail running
Julie Ellett (0422 986 848)
Mt Glorious Event Organiser and Committee