Registrations are closed
We have closed registrations today, so we have time to set up the event. Registrations will be available on the day, at an additional cost of $10
The Event Team
MENTONE OPEN WATER MARATHON 2019
- 10km open water swim - Individual wetsuit and non wetsuit
- 10km open water swim - Duo (team of 2)
- 10km open water swim -Team (team of 4) if you would like to join a team click on Facebook page HERE
- 5km open water swim - Individual wet suit and non wet suit
Located in the sheltered Beaurmaris Bay, under the watchful eye of Mentone Life Saving Club. This is a fantastic event for experienced open water swimmers wanting to test themselves with a marathon distance.
NO kayaker or boat support required.
This is a great event for Marathon Swimming enthusiasts, without the hassle of organising boats and paddlers.
Course Details: (CLICK TO VIEW COURSE MAP)
1. The course is made up of a 2.5km circuit. All individual swimmers must swim through a feeding station channel on each 2.5km leg.
2. Water and Gatorade will be provided at the feeding station.
3. If you would like to bring additional items, we will have a number of small unmanned stations adjacent to the main feeding station.
4. No support kayaks or boat support required nor allowed on or around the course.
Saturday 9th March, Registration and check in starts at 7AM
Mentone Life Saving Club, Beach Road, Mentone. Melways 86 J8 or Click on Map:
- 10km Individual Swim: $60
- 10km Team Swim: $240 per team ($60 per person)
- 10km Duo Swim: $120 per duo ($60 per person)
- 5km Individual Swim: $60
Note: there will be an additional $10 charge for on the day registrations for the swims.
7:00 am On the Day Registration & Check In Opens
7:35 am Safety briefing
8:00 am 10km Individual Swim Non Wetsuit start (Male & Female)
8:20 am 10km Individual Swim Wetsuit start (Male & Female)
8:30 am Duo's and Teams Start
9:00 am 5km Non Wetsuit start (Male & Female)
9:10 am 5km Wetsuit start (Male & Female)
12:30 pm Trophy Presentation
All participants that complete the 10km will receive a commemorative medallion
Medals for 1st, 2nd & 3rd
10km Individual - no wetsuit (Male & Female)
10km Individual - wetsuit (Male & Female)
5km Individual - no wetsuit (Male & Female)
5km individual - wetsuit (Male & Female)
||Visit the Mentone Open Water Swim Web Site
for course maps, and updated schedules