Thank you for your interest in the Ballina to Byron Bay Coastal Charity Walk.
Walk some of the most spectacular coastline in Australia, whilst also helping to raise support for
a vital community service and charity - the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter.
Magnificent scenery provides the backdrop for the Walk, as participants make their way along many of the region's beautiful beaches. An all-terrain challenge across sand, bush track and roads, the event should not be underestimated by anyone. Participants can walk or run at
any pace in this non-competitive social event.
In 2019 the route the Ballina to Byron Bay Coastal Charity Walk starts at Missingham Park in Ballina, following the coastline north to Lennox Head, Broken Head, Tallows Beach to Cape Byron Lighthouse finishing at Denning Park in Byron Bay, next to the Surf Life Saving Club.
The route is mixed terrain with stunning scenery from Ballina to Lennox Head (13km), Broken Head (25km) and finishing at Byron Bay (37km).
Walk as an individual or as part of a team (2-20 people) Note: minimum age is 12 years old (12-16 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult).
Want to get a bit 'fancy'? Add even more fun to your Walk by coming along in FANCY DRESS or go all out sporting your team's colour and crazy attire.
Standard Participant Costs*
- Lennox Head (13km) - $50pp
- Broken Head Head (25km) - $65pp
- Byron Bay (35km) - $75pp
(*booking fees apply)
Early Bird discount of $10pp is available from 9am 1 November 2018 to 5pm 31 December 2018.
Standard participants costs will be from 5.01pm 31 December 2018 to 5pm Sunday 19 May 2019 (unless the event sold out earlier)
HELP US SAVE LIVES!
The Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter is a local based charity which relies on the community to help raise over $3.5M each year to keep operating. Participants are encourage to fundraise to further support the Service - ask your friends, family, colleagues, and employer to sponsor you in this challenge.
Refer to the FUNDRAISING section below for further details on how you can do this.
For further information and updates about this event, visit the Coastal Charity Walk website.
Maximum Participants is 2000
Event Registration Close Date is 5pm on Sunday 19 May 2019 - UNLESS SOLD OUT PRIOR.
No Registrations will be accepted on the day.
1. Select Registration Type
* Create a Team
* Join a Team / Group
2. Select your Walk Distance
37km - Ballina to Byron Bay
25km - Ballina to Broken Head
13km - Ballina to Lennox Head
3. Select your Start Time - check you have selected a start time in the correct walk.
Note: All team members must walk the same distance and start at the same time
4. Enter your / your team member details - the following information is needed to register each person
- Date of Birth (for insurance purposes)
- One phone number
Read & accept the waiver for yourself or on behalf of your team
6. Make payment by VISA or MC or PayPal (booking fees apply)
7. Receive your confirmation email
9. Get Walking ....we will contact you with further details closer to the event
Notes on Teams:
* All team members must walk the same distance and start at the same time
* Team captain can invite team members via email or share their team password
* Team members can pay for their own registration.
* All teams must be paid and completed no later than 10 days prior to the event. Unpaid and incomplete registrations will be cancelled after this date. We will send a reminder up to one month prior.
What You Get With Your Registration
* Entry to participate in the Coastal Charity Walk
* One Charity Walk Cap per participant
* Water refills + fruit / lolly stations at each Checkpoint
* Onsite medical support
* Participant Bibs with event timing chips will be issued on the day
* Abundant encouragement and support
* All correspondence will be via the email address supplied
* The waiver must be agreed to by either the team captain or individual to participate
* Minimum age for participants is 12 years & must be accompanied by a paying adult
* All participants must follow the prescribed route and follow all directions given by identified event staff
* Each team or individual participant must carry a mobile phone
* Each participant must carry their own water vessel (full at the start)
* If for any reason a participant needs to pull out between checkpoints during the event, they must notify event staff. Participants should call the 'emergency' contact number provided on their Walk bib to advise.
What to bring
* Suitable footwear
* Adequate WATER supply (water refill stations are provided along the route)
* Sunscreen / hat (you will receive an event cap as part of your registration)
* Snacks or lunch to fuel your Walk #
* Fancy dress outfit, if you are game
# Please bring food to snack on throughout the day - especially if you are walking the 25km & 37km distance.
Complimentary lolly & fruit stations will be located at checkpoints. Community groups / businesses will also be selling food, so bring cash with you.
Please do not bring
CHANGES: Participants may cancel up to one month prior to the event
date. The Registration Fee will be refunded to the credit card of which
the payment was taken LESS $25, which will be retained by
Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter. Participants can transfer their
registration to another person at no charge up to 2 weeks prior to the
* Children in slings or strollers - exposure to the elements for babes in arms or toddlers is a high risk at this event, and the terrain is not suitable for strollers. Get your kids to cheer you over the finish line instead.
* Your pets - we are going through National Parks & on beaches which have restricted areas for animals
Be sure to visit the Coastal Charity Walk website for regular updates or further information about the event.