Australia ICOMOS invites you to a weekend of
symposia and a field trip
TAS Symposia & Field Trip, 10-12 November 2018
ICOMOS is holding two back-to-back Symposia in Hobart over 10-12 November 2018.
The Cultural Landscape
Diversity & the Implications for Management Symposium (10-11 November)
and the Under the
Microscope – Exploring Science Heritage Symposium (11-12 November) are
timely fora to review and discuss the identification and management of these
two aspects of cultural heritage – one an established, but rapidly developing
area, and the other relatively invisible and little known.
- Cultural Landscape Diversity & the Implications for
Management Symposium –
this symposium is aimed at exploring the diversity of cultural landscapes
and what this diversity means for the identification, categorisation,
assessment and management of cultural landscapes. It is intended as an
opportunity to review where Australia is at in relation to the
conservation of cultural landscapes, and to explore how best practice in
this area can be maintained into the future.
- Under the Microscope – Exploring Science Heritage
Symposium – this symposium will shine
light on the physical heritage of Australia’s long history of science and
innovation and the identification and conservation of this ‘science
heritage’. It is designed to be a multidisciplinary dialogue that explores
the heritage of Australian science, including what science heritage is,
what significant science heritage we have in Australia, and whether there
are particular management needs for the conservation of this heritage.
are open to all people with an interest in cultural landscapes and/or science
heritage. Each symposium will be a combination of presented papers with
opportunities for discussion of the issues raised and the implications and
needs for heritage conservation. A joint
symposia field excursion on Sunday 11 November will present
symposia participants with the opportunity to visit some outstanding and
diverse Tasmanian cultural landscapes and science heritage sites within
registration fees are:
Landscapes Symposium – $85 per person
Heritage Symposium – $85 per person
Symposia Field Excursion**^^ – $95 per person
– registration for the Symposia Excursion is only open to individuals who also register for either/both of the symposiums.
– All symposium attendees are able to nominate one accompanying person, who doesn’t need to register for either of the Symposia, to register for the Joint Symposia Field Excursion. Attendees who wish to register their accompanying person for the Joint
Symposia Field Excursion can do so by choosing the "Joint Symposia Field Excursion - For accompanying person" option during the registration process.
that registration for any of these events does not include accommodation -
attendees need to organise their own accommodation.
information about these events can be found at the following links:
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Please note the following cancellation arrangements for this event:
• Cancellations must be advised to the Australia ICOMOS Secretariat Office by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Refunds for cancellations advised before COB 28 October 2018 will be the full amount minus a 5% administration fee (this is to cover the fees of the registration site, which are not refunded back to the event organiser)
• Refunds for cancellations advised after the registration closing date of 28 October 2018 and up until COB Thursday 8 November will be 50% of the full amount paid
• No refunds are possible for cancellations after COB Thursday 8 November, however registrations can be transferred to another party – note that the transfer of any relevant registration fees must be worked out between the two parties. Please notify registration transfers to the Australia ICOMOS Secretariat Office by email, to email@example.com