Registrations are closed
Registrations are now closed.
National Gone Fishing Day is on 14th October this year and Queensland Sportfishers are encouraging Queenslanders to rig up their favourite Alvey Reel and go fishing!
To celebrate a Queensland fishing icon, we will be running a one day fishing competition in Queensland waters open to all anglers.
Only Alvey, non-drag sidecast reels can be used for this competition and all of the prizes up for grabs will be Alvey reels and gear!
This is a great opportunity to get out an enjoy a day on the water.
There will be a variety of fishing categories for individual species as well as a special BreadnButter Grand Slam!
The BreadnButter Grand Slam will be judged on the longest combination of bream, whiting and flathead.
There will be sub-junior, junior and senior categories to encourage family fun.
Entry fee is only $10 plus booking fee.
Fish captures are submitted online. Read through the step by step guide to learn how to do this and details needed for capture submissions.
Competition Categories and Prizes
- BreadnButter Grand Slam - (Senior, Junior & Sub-junior). Longest combo of bream (Yellowfin or Pikey) + Flathead (Dusky or Bartail) + Whiting (Sand or Goldline or Eastern Trumpeter). Alvey 650b
- Longest Dart (Open) - Inc. Common, Giant Oystercracker, Northern, Snubnosed or swallowtail. Alvey 625b
- Longest Tailor (Open). Alvey 625b
- Longest Threadfin (Open). Includes King or Blue Alvey 625b
- Longest Jewfish (Black or Mulloway) (Open). Alvey 625
Maximum of one prize per angler