Individuals under 18 years cannot apply for a Boating Access Permit.
Who can apply for a Single Permit:
- An individual 18 years or over who intends to use a tinny, canoe or kayak.
- A family who only intends to use a tinny or canoe or 2 person kayak and all family members will be in the one craft.
FAMILY PERMITS - are not available online.
Applications for a Family multi vessel permit must be made by contacting either 0402 247 215 or 0419 748 311.
Family Permits apply to:
- A couple with children 12 years to 17 years inclusive, or
- A couple without children, or
- A single parent and his/her children 12 years to 17 years inclusive, and
- Intend to use more than one canoe or kayaks.
Children under 12 are not allowed by themselves in a kayak.
NOTE - If as a family you only intend to use only a tinny or canoe or 2 person kayak, you only need to apply for an single permit.
Submitting this document online (together with your payment), will constitute acceptance of the Lake Samsonvale Boating Access Scheme Terms and Conditions “Rules of Site” pertaining to the issue of a Boating Access Permit, as set out in the Information Paper. A copy of the “Rules of Site” containing these Terms and Conditions will be provided at the time of issue of the permit. Issue of the permit will also constitute evidence of payment – no receipts will be issued.
Note that Lake Samsonvale (North Pine Dam) is part of the Qld Government Stocked Impoundment Scheme (SIPS) and hence a Stocked Impoundment Permit (SIP) is necessary to fish the Lake, either from the shore or via the Boating Access Scheme.