Saturday 21 April 2018
9am to 4pm (dependent on numbers)
* Event 1 - Future Masters: Open, Women, Mixed 10's.
* Event 2 - Corporate/Social: Open.
* Event 3 - Senior A (Masters): Open, Women, Mixed 10's.
* Event 4 - Senior A (Masters): Open, Women, Mixed 20's.
* Event 5 - Senior B (Grand Masters): Open, Women, Mixed 10's.
* Event 6 - Senior C (Great Grand Dragons): Open, Women, Mixed 10's.
* Event 7 - Breast Cancer Survivor 10's.
* Event 8 - Breast Cancer Survivor 20's.
Future Masters: 27 - 39yrs
Senior A (Masters): 40yrs+
Senior B (Grand Masters): 50yrs+
Senior C (Great Grand Dragons): 60yrs+
Breast Cancer Survivor: 27yrs+
Each team must wear the team race top and PFD must be worn by all crews.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Event to be conducted under the laws of the Australian Dragon Boat Federation & International Dragon Boat Federation.
Long Island Reserve
Long Island Road Murray Bridge SA 5253
$25 per person for first event, $10 per person for each additional event - GST free.
Please note: The additional event fee for Breast Cancer Survivors to compete in the Breast Cancer Survivor events (events 7 & 8) will be waived if registered for additional events.
Please also note: Coaches/Managers not 'on the boat' will need to pay the Compulsory Games Entry Fee ($44 per person) and Compulsory Sport Levies ($25 per person for 1st event, $10 per person for each additional event) if they wish to receive a medal.
0412 356 616
Competitors will be covered under DBSA insurance policy.
*Team Organisers must register the Team before each individual Team Member can register. Teams must be created individually for each Event Category (eg. Senior A Open 10's, Senior A Womens 10's, Senior A Mixed 10's). Each team member must then complete a separate registration form.
* All team entries must be submitted together in one batch.
* Individuals who wish to participate may enter on an individual basis and every endeavour will be made to place them in a team. Individuals should contact the Dragon Boat organiser to discuss their particular requirements.
* Events are dependent on entries.
Dragon Boat Specific Information
* All races will be conducted over 200 metres.
* 20's Teams will consist of a minimum of 18 people (16 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 sweep) and a maximum of 27 people (20 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 sweep, 1 coach/manager and 4 reserve paddlers).
* 10's Teams will consist of a minimum of 12 people (10 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 sweep) and a maximum of 15 people (10 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 sweep, 1 coach/manager and 2 reserve paddlers).
* Women's Teams - drummer and the sweep must be female - drummer can be of any age ( over 12 years) but the sweep must be in the correct age group.
* Mixed Teams A crew must contain and minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 women for a 10's team and a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 women for a 20's team.
* Open Teams may be any combination of men and women.
* Social Teams can be of any gender combination and may contain a maximum of 2 paddlers who have previously competed for a dragon boat club in 'sports' events at regattas. Where the eligibility of an individual competitor in a social team is disputed, the Organising Committee's decision will be final.
* Age Group Senior C must attain the minimum age of 60 by 31 December 2018. Senior B must attain the minimum age of 50 by 31 December 2018. Senior A must attain the minimum age of 40 by 31 December 2018. Future Masters must attain the minimum age of 27 by 31 December 2018 and be no older than 39 by 31 December 2018.
* The Rules of Competition will follow the International Dragon Boat Federation racing regulations with minor amendments for local conditions. The final rules and regulations will be provided in the PSorts Program or are available of the DragonBoat SA website.
* PFD must be worn by all crews and will be supplied if you do not have your own.
Have you completed STEP 1 Murray Bridge Green 2018 SA Masters Games Registration?
you have completed STEP 1 you are ready for STEP 2 Sports Registration -
to register for Dragon Boating click on the green continue button below and
follow the prompts.