Please Note: If you are unable to scroll to the bottom of the page try using the Up/Down arrows. Some browsers appear to have a problem with scrolling.
Thanks for registering for the Elleker Half Marathon and 10km Road race event on Sunday 3rdJune 2018.
Event Options, Age Requirements & Entry Fees:
- Half Marathon (17 Years and Over) = $50
- 10km Run (13 Years and Over) = $40
- 10km Walk (13 Years and Over) = $30
- School Kids Team of 4 - 10km Combined Run Time Competition (13-16 Years) = $120
Rules for this Event: Team consists of Male and Female runners with at least 1 member from the opposite gender. You all run 10km each. Your finish times are combined to make a Run Time Total. The lowest combined time wins.
- 2km Kids Dash (Age Categories: 6-8 Years, 9-11 Years, 12-14 Years) = $10
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE: Friday 1st June 2018. Late Entries Accepted on Saturday and Sunday at special locations (in person only) with a Late Fee of $15 (CASH ONLY) Late Fee does not apply to 2Km Kids Dash. Any Entry fee is NOT Refundable.
EVENT LOCATION: The event is held in the small township of Elleker, situated 16 kmwest of Albany on the Lower Denmark Road. The start line is at 19 Hassell St, Elleker, WA. The course is on beautiful flat open country roads that wind past Lake Powell, potato farms, through tree-covered sections and over five different bridges.
Asics Half Marathon– Race starts at Hassell Street, Elleker. Start facing South down Hassell St. Complete a down and back section of Hassell St (Turning at TURN HERE Sign) before turning right onto Lower Denmark Rd. Complete two (2) clockwise loops of Lower Denmark Rd and Elleker Grasmere Roads, INCLUDING the down and back section of Hassell St ON EACH LAP. After the last return, turn left and come into the Finish Chute at the Elleker Hall.
Retravision 10km Road Race, 10k Walk and 10km School Kids Team of 4 Competition – Race starts at Hassell Street, Elleker. Start facing South down Hassell St. Complete a down and back section of Hassell St (Turning at TURN HERE Sign) before turning right onto Lower Denmark Rd. Complete one (1) full loop of Lower Denmark Rd and Elleker Grasmere Roads. And then turn right into the Finish Chute at the Elleker Hall.
2km Kids Dash – Starting on the Elleker Hall Oval, completing 1 1/3 laps before turning left onto a bush trail around the Hall which leads onto Wright St, then turn right onto Hassel St (turning at TURN HERE Sign) Then return to the Finish Chute at Hall.
COURSE RECORDS: The course record is 1:10:49 set by Brett Johnson in 2015. The women’s record of 1:24:44 was set in 2003 by Lauren Shelley. The 10K record is 34:04 set by Jack Dunn 2015, women's record of 39:27 set by Angie Ross in 2016.
TOILETS: There are portable toilets located at the rear of the Elleker hall and a public toilet block located at the corner of Hassell St and Lower Denmark Rd.
WATER STATIONS DURING EVENT: Hydration is very important before, during and after an event. If possible it's always handy to run with your own water but if you can't we do have water stations available. See below for details:
ASICS Half Marathon: There will be a water station supplied for all competitors at the 5km mark, 11km mark, 15km mark & 21 km mark.
Retravision 10km Road Race, 10k Walk and 10km School Kids Team of 4 Competition: There will be a water station supplied for all competitors at the 5km mark & 10km mark.
Bib Pick Up and Race Day Schedule of Events:
SATURDAY 2nd June 2018 – BIB PICK UP
- Bib Collection and Late Registrationsare available on Saturday 2nd June from Albany Athletics Club Rooms, at the corner of North Rd & Sanford Rd, Albany. (Also known at the Mike Biddulph Athletics Ground) Between 10:00am & 4:00pm.
- PLEASE NOTE: Entries are non-refundable and a Late Fee applies to late registrations.
SUNDAY 3rd June 2018 – RACE DAY
- 7:00 am Race Bib Collectionfrom Elleker Hall and Late registrationsaccepted. PLEASE NOTE: Entries are non- refundable and a Late Fee applies to late registrations.
- 8:00 am Race number collection closes & Late Registrations close.
- 8:15 am Compulsory race briefing.
- 8:30 am Asics Half Marathon & 10k Walk commences.
- 9:00 am Retravision 10km Road Race and all School Kids Team of 4 entrants commence.
- 10:00 am Kids 2km Dash commences.
- 10:30 am onwards Lunch will be served.
- 11:30 pm Presentations and spot prizes will commence.
FOOD AVAILABLE ON RACE DAY: BG’s Kitchen is kindly donating and providing delicious Soup for competitors of the Half Marathon and 10km events. We will also be providing Subway Rolls & Fruit Platters for competitors. Plus Cool Drinks will be available to purchase. KOFFEE BOOST VAN: Will have available to purchase tea, coffee & snacks. All these food options will also be available for purchase for Spectators and 2Km Dash Children Competitors.
- ASICS Half Marathon –
- First male and female: ASICS shoe voucher & free entry for 2019. Value $250 (perpetual trophy engraved + AAC retains).
- Second male and female: ASICS shoe voucher value $200.
- Third male and female: Value $100.
- Medals awarded to all Half Marathon finishers,
- Retravision 10km Road Race –
- First male and female: Value $150 plus free entry for 2019
- Second male and female: Value $90
- Third male and female: Value $50.
- Medals awarded to all 10Km finishers.
- WAVA Age Grading Prizes:
- ASICS Half Marathon – 4 top male & female performances (excluding if you were a 1st, 2nd or 3rd finisher overall)
- Retravision 10km – 3 top male & female performances (Excluding if you were a 1st, 2nd or 3rd finisher overall)
- Plus SPOT prizes
- 10km Walk –
- First male and female: Prize T/B/A
- School Kids Team of 4 - 10km Combined Run Time Competition –
- First Team with lowest combined run time: Prize T/B/A
- 2km Kids Dash –
- Medals to first 3 Boys & Girls in each Age Section (6 to 8yrs, 9 to 11yrs and 12 to 14yrs)
- Event is presented by Albany Athletics Club Inc.
- Event Coordinator - Jeff Douglas: Mobile: 0468 353 526
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.albanyaths.myclub.org.au
- Facebook –
PARKING: Parking in only available near the railway line, East of the Elleker Hall. It’s just a short 300m walk from the railway line carpark to the hall. Please follow the PARKING signs.
- No refunds after registration.
- Late Fee of $15 applies to any late entrants after closing date.
A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR 2018 SPONSORS:
Asics, Albany Sports Power, Albany Retravision, Albany Amcal Max, Sustainable Motion Albany, McKails General Store Albany, Tectonics Construction Group, Inswing Sports Bar Albany, Advanced Family & Sports Podiatry Albany, Goodlife Albany and BodyCare Health Club.
We look forward to seeing you on Race Day and Thank You for supporting Albany Athletics Club for there 23rdElleker Half Marathon & 10km Road Race Event.