Start this Father's Day with the Barry Plant Real Estate's "Run For Dad" fun run at the Bendigo Racecourse.
Designed to raise your heart rate and much needed funds for the new Bendigo Community Health Service's men's health clinic and Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia, we're calling on families from across Bendigo and beyond to dress up as their favourite superhero to support the heroes fighting prostate cancer.
After your run, enjoy a free breakfast (and free coffee!) PLUS entertainment provided by the Eaglehawk Brass Band.
The picturesque course around the Bendigo Racecourse is safe for all ages covering sections of grass and gravel.
Why Prostate cancer?^
^ Source: Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- In Australia, prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men.
- More than 3,000 men die of prostate cancer in Australia every year.
- More men die of prostate cancer than women die of breast cancer.
What can be done?
Bendigo Community Health Services' new men's health clinicians will provide annual check-ups, health assessments and support to help men achieve a healthier lifestyle. A 45 minute consultation allows time for a complete health check specifically designed for men to help them feel super.
Your Essential Event Details:
Where? Bendigo Racecourse, Heinz St, White Hills
When? Fathers Day, Sunday 2nd September 2018
What time? 10am
How far? 7.5 km Run or 3.75 km Run / Walk
What should you wear? Your favourite running clothes (and superhero outfits!)
What do you get?
ALL participants will receive:
- A Finisher's Medal
- A FREE espresso coffee, tea, hot chocolate or fruit juice
- A FREE bacon & egg breakfast
- A FREE Bendigo Community Health Drink bottle.
Standard Registration From 2/07/2018 to 1/09/2018
- Open $35
- Under 18 $5
- Children Under 5 Free
Yes, LATE ENTRIES will be accepted on the day until 9:45 am!
On The Day Entry Fees:
Registrations / Bib Collection:
- Pre-Event: Macdonald's Nursery, Retreat Rd on Friday or Saturday (Aug 31 & Sept 1)
- On the Day: Between 8:00am - 9:30am at the Bendigo Racecourse
Conditions of entry:
- Runners must be 12 years & over
- Walkers may be any age.
- Your photo may be taken.
All entry money goes to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and Bendigo Community Health Service thanks to our Event Sponsors:
Barry Plant Real Estate,The Athlete's Foot, Purtill's Nursery, the Gill Family, Bendigo Racecourse, WIN TV and Bendigo Lions Club.
This event is organised by Bendigo Community Health Service and Athletics Bendigo.