Sunday 24th September 2017
8:00am - Half Marathon
9:00am - 5km, 10km
From the Tanker Jetty on the Esplanade
Race briefing 7.45am, 8.45am (15 mins prior to start time for each event)
THE COURSE: The course is fast and flat, following the dual path from the Tanker Jetty. The half marathon will consist of 3 laps. The 5km will be a single lap course, and the 10km will be 2 laps of 5km.
Race numbers can be collected on race day or on the evening prior from The Pier Hotel between 4pm and 5pm.
Training and Health Suggestions
You should be able to run a half marathon if you can run 10km comfortably. Over a 5 week period you could increase your training to manage the extra distance. Seek medical advice if you answer YES to any of the following questions:
1. Do you have a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes or asthma?
2. Do you smoke?
3. Are you 15% over your ideal weight?
On race day:
• Drink plenty of fluids before and after the race
• Have breakfast early
• Do not wear new shoes or clothes—they may cause blistering or chafing
• Drink early during the run before you are thirsty
• Walk or slow down at drink stations to re-hydrate well
• DO NOT compete if you have had diarrhoea within 48 hours prior to the run or are feeling unwell.
• If you feel distressed, disoriented, dizzy or excessively tired SLOW DOWN or rest for a while. If you do not improve WITHDRAW.
After the race
Presentation of awards and will be held after the race in the area under the sail cloth at approximately 10.30am
Half Marathon finishers will receive a “Finisher’s Medal”
Water, cool drink, fruit and muffins provided for competitors. Coffee Van available for spectators.
Half Marathon: $25 ($30 on the day)
5km/10km: $20 ($25 on the day)
Juniors (Under 18): Any event - FREE (thanks Cliffs!)
Generous cash prizes and gift vouchers for all events courtesy of our sponsors. Competitors are only eligible for a prize in one category.
Half Marathon: Open, male and female
5km: Open, male and female
5km: Junior (less than 18), male and female
10km: Open, male and female
10km: Junior (less than 18), male and female