Registrations close: Thursday, 11 May 17.
- Welcomes Event - 6 May 17
- Map Mates #1 - 13 May 17
- Map Mates #2 - 20 May 17
- Map Mates #3 - 27 May 17
- Map Mates #4 - 6 June 17
No registrations will be accepted after 11 May 17.
This season's Map Mates entry includes a FREE Season Pass to all ACT Metro and Junior League Events (approx. 15 events*).
Before you register please read:
* You will need your team name to register. Please ensure all your team mates register with the same name as this makes it easier for our volunteers to match you with your team mates!
* An e-stick is compulsory for each competitor. You cannot share an e-stick with your Map Mate or another competitor, such as an older sibling, who is also orienteering.
* If you do not own your own e-stick you will be given the opportunity to purchase an e-stick online when you register. If you own one you will need to enter the ID number when prompted.
Rules of Competition:
* Minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 competitors per team
* Not all team members must attend every event, but for points to be counted at least 2 competitors must compete together.
* Teams can choose to navigate Blue (very easy), Green (easy) or Orange (moderate) courses depending on their level of experience.
* Points are awarded for performance at your level and to teams that demonstrate improved skills.
* Points are awarded for the best team name - so start thinking about a cool or funky name now!
* Points are awarded for completing the weekly 'fun fact' sheets and wearing team colours/uniform.
This year there is a free 'Welcomes Event' on Saturday 6 May 17. For those that register prior to the 4 May, the Welcomes Event is an opportunity to collect your e-sticks and welcomes pack and practice for the competition! For those that have not yet registered, the Welcomes Event is an opportunity to come and try orienteering prior to completing registrations. Please complete registration no later than 11 May 17. No registrations will be taken after the 11 May 17.
Map Mates registration fee:
Cost per competitor is $90.
This entitles you to:
~ The four competition events (including weekly coaching sessions, event maps and fun-fact sheets)
~ FREE Season Pass to all ACT Metro and Junior League Events between 6 May and 9 September 2017 (approx. 15 events).
~ FREE personal photographic souvenir.
~ End of competition PRIZES for all competitors.
You will need:
~ your own e-stick. Usual cost $50; however, you can buy one for $30 online when you register.
~ running shoes
~ sun cream
~ water bottle
You do not need a compass.
* We take photographs of participants for publicity purposes. Please advise us in writing if you do not want this to happen.
* By entering you accept that orienteering like all outdoor adventure sports has risks.
* 15 events is an approximate number. 15 events have been scheduled from 6 May - 9 September. No refund will be possible if one is cancelled due to weather, Government regulations, Landowner issues or other unforeseen circumstances.
For more details: act.orinteering.asn.au