Thank you for your interest in the Coffs Coast Charity Walk & Superhero Stride.
Walk some of the most spectacular coastline in Australia, whilst also helping to raise support for
a vital community service and charity - the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter.
Coffs Coastal Charity Walk
Magnificent scenery provides the backdrop for the Walk, as participants make their way along many of the region's beautiful beaches. An all-terrain challenge across sand, bush track and roads, the event should not be underestimated by anyone. Participants can walk or run at
any pace in this non-competitive social event.
starts at Moonee Park Reserve in Coffs Harbour and follows the coastline along the Solitary Islands Walk south to Lower Park Beach Reserve - a distance of 14km. A 21km half marathon distance is offered by way of an extended loop to the bottom of Mutton Bird Island and back to Lower Park Beach Reserve.
Walk as an individual or as part of a team (2-20 people) -
either way you will be fully supported all the way by Westpac Life
Saver Rescue Helicopter Crew, Event Staff and Volunteers. Note: minimum age is 12 years old (12-16 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult).
The Superhero Stride will start & finish at Lower Park Beach Reserve. Children & Adults will be able to walk, stroll or "fly" through the 3km track dressed as their favourite Superhero.
Prizes will be available for best dressed & best fundraisers. Family, friends, school, day care, playgroup or Cosplay members welcome.
Individual or team of 5 registrations available.
BOTH the Coastal Charity Walk & Superhero Stride will finish at Lower Park Beach Reserve where market stalls, DJ, face painting & family fun will be a plenty.
COFFS COASTAL CHARITY WALK - start times between 8 - 8:30am
Moonee Beach Reserve to:
- Lower Park Beach Reserve (14km) - $45pp
- with Mutton Bird Island Loop (21km) - $50pp
SUPERHERO STRIDE - 10am Start from Lower Park Beach Reserve
$10 kids - $15 Adults - $50 Team of 5
(* surcharges for payment by credit card / PayPal will apply)
COASTAL CHARITY WALK REFERRALS
Refer a friend, family member or colleague who has never 'Walked' this event before,
and if they register and participate in this year's Coastal Walk we
will refund you 50% of your registration fee. For 2 or more successful
referrals, receive your registration for free. (**conditions apply - refer further below)
HELP US SAVE LIVES!
The Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter is a local based charity which relies on the community to help raise over $5M each year to keep operating. Participants are encourage to fundraise to further support the Service - ask your friends, family, colleagues, and employer to sponsor you in this challenge.
Refer to the FUNDRAISING section below for further details on how you can do this.
For further information and updates about this event, visit the Coastal Charity Walk website.
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS EXTENDED UNTIL 5PM WEDNESDAY 14 JUNE
1. Select Registration Type
* Create a Team
* Join a Team / Group
2. Select your Walk Distance
COASTAL CHARITY WALK - 14km - Moonee Beach to Lower Park Beach Reserve, Coffs Harbour
COASTAL CHARITY WALK - 21km - as above with Mutton Bird Island Loop
SUPERHERO STRIDE - 3km (10am Start)
3. Select your Start Time (Coastal Charity Walk only) - check you have selected a start time in the correct walk.
Note: All team members must walk the same distance and start at the same time
4. Enter your / your team member details - the following information is needed to register each person
- Date of Birth (for insurance purposes)
- One phone number
Read & accept the waiver for yourself or on behalf of your team
6. Make payment by VISA or MC or PayPal (surcharges apply)
7. Receive your confirmation email
9. Get Walking / Striding ....we will contact you with further details closer to the event
Notes on Teams:
* All team members must walk the same distance and start at the same time
* Team captain can invite team members via email or share their team password
* Team members can pay for their own registration.
* All teams must be paid and completed no later than 10 days prior to the event. Unpaid and incomplete registrations will be cancelled after this date. We will send a reminder up to one month prior.
What You Get With Your Registration
* Entry to participate in the Coastal Charity Walk or Superhero Stride
* One Charity Walk Cap per participant (Coastal Charity Walkers ONLY)
* Water refills + fruit / lolly stations at each Checkpoint
* Onsite medical support
* Participant Bibs with event timing chips will be issued on the day
* Abundant encouragement and support
* All correspondence will be via the email address supplied
* The waiver must be agreed to by either the team captain or individual to participate
* COASTAL CHARITY WALK Minimum age for participants is 12 years & must be accompanied by a paying adult - ANY AGE FOR SUPERHERO STRIDERS
* All participants must follow the prescribed route and follow all directions given by identified event staff
* Each team or individual participant must carry a mobile phone
* Each participant must carry their own water vessel (full at the start)
* If for any reason a participant needs to pull out between checkpoints during the event, they must notify event staff. Participants should call the 'emergency' contact number provided on their Walk bib to advise.
What to bring
* Suitable footwear
* Adequate WATER supply (water refill stations are provided along the route)
* Sunscreen / hat (you will receive an event cap as part of your registration)
* Snacks or lunch to fuel your Walk #
* Coastal Charity Walkers can dress in Fancy dress or themed team outfits as well.
# Please bring food to snack on throughout the day - especially if you are walking the 21km distance.
Complimentary lolly & fruit stations will be located at checkpoints. Market stalls will be at the finish line so bring cash with you.
Please do not bring
CHANGES: Participants may cancel up to one month prior to the event
date. The Registration Fee will be refunded to the credit card of which
the payment was taken LESS the $25 donation, which will be retained by
Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter. Participants can transfer their
registration to another person at no charge up to 2 weeks prior to the
* Children slings or strollers ARE PERMITTED FOR SUPERHERO STRIDE ONLY - exposure to the elements for babes in arms or toddlers is a high risk at this event, and the terrain is not suitable for strollers. Get your kids to take part in the Superhero Stride instead.
* Your pets - we are going through National Parks & on beaches which have restricted areas for animals
The Coffs Coast Charity Walk is a major fundraising event for the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter. All registration fees include a $25 tax deductible donation to the Service.
The Helirescue Service is not fully-funded and relies on the support of the community to raise over $5M a year to keep operating and be on standby 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to respond to emergencies, AND remain free of charge to patients who are transported.
We strongly encourage all Walk participants to undertake additional fundraising. You can do this by making a further donation during the registration process or go one better by creating a Supporter Page on our Helirescue Everyday Hero site, and ask all your family, friends, neighbours, colleagues and your employer to sponsor you in this worthwhile challenge.
** REFERRAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Referred person must be a NEW participant of our Coastal Charity Walk events. Previous year registrations will be referenced.
Your referral must be made/sent during your own online registration via the 'Sharing' Section
of this registration site - which appears AFTER payment has been made
and your registration is confirmed. It is only through 'sharing' your
participation in this way (sends a link either via email or Facebook)
that we can track
and confirm if your referral has resulted in a new registration.
- Refunds apply to the registration fee paid less the included set $25 donation amount. All refunds will be processed after the event.
- No other forms of referral or refund requests will be considered or entered into.
Be sure to visit the Coastal Charity Walk website for regular updates or further information about the event.