ADVANCED SCHEMA THERAPY – WORKING WITH
A 2-DAY WORKSHOP
Dr Tracey Hunter, Schema Therapist (Advanced Certification ISST)
Elements of Byron, Byron Bay, NSW
3 - 4 November 2016
Cost: $495 (incl. GST)
**Limited to 30 places only**
The Advanced Schema Therapy 2-day workshop is being run at the stunning 5-star beachside resort Elements of Byron in Byron Bay. This workshop is suitable for therapists who have previously attended a workshop in Schema Therapy or have received some supervision in Schema Therapy and have a sound understanding of the Schema model, as well as have some experience in using Schema Therapy in their therapeutic practice. The workshop will allow for opportunities for therapists to practice various experiential techniques including Chairwork and Imagery and also to formulate complex clients, in order to develop further confidence in using Schema Therapy as a treatment modality for clients with mild symptoms through to more ingrained personality dysfunction.
The areas that this 2-day workshop will focus on includes:
- Review of the Mode Model and understanding how Dysfunctional Parent modes and Maladaptive Coping modes are at the core of emotional difficulties.
- The importance of therapists knowing and healing their own schemas when using Schema Therapy as a therapeutic modality, and awareness of our own modes at play
- Chairwork techniques within Schema Therapy: the power of internal (mode) dialogues and external (relational) dialogues using chairs to get in touch with unresolved issues and unmet needs
- Imagery rescripting within Schema Therapy: the power of imagery work to allow re-processing and integrating of distressing childhood events and strengthening the link between the Vulnerable Child and Healthy Adult mode
- Advanced therapeutic techniques within Schema Therapy: limited reparenting and empathic confrontation
9:00am Arrival and registration
9:30am Review of the Mode Model and Mode Work in Schema Therapy
11:20am Therapist’s own schemas
1:50pm Mode formulation and Imagery for Assessment
3:30pm Chairwork Session 1
9:00 Chairwork Session 2
10:50am Imagery Session 1
1:20pm Advanced Schema techniques: Limited Reparenting and Empathic Confrontation
2:45pm Imagery Session 2
Closest airports to Byron Bay: Ballina Byron Airport (34km); Gold Coast Airport (65km) - car hire is recommended.
For workshop attendees, 5-star villa accommodation is available at Elements of Byron for $345 per night by calling the resort on (02) 66391512 and quoting reference number CLI051116. Elements of Byron website is at: http://www.elementsofbyron.com.au. Otherwise, alternative accommodation may be sourced in Byron Bay.