The Figs NAKED Skinny Dip!
Seven reasons to get NAKED with us on March 8th…
1) Put Perth on the map and into the Guinness Book of Records for the world’s biggest skinny dip!
2) Raise awareness and funds for the Butterfly Foundation - working on the prevention, treatment and support for those effected by eating disorders & negative body image
3) Celebrate you and your body exactly the way it is! Celebrate diversity and health!
4) It feels good to skinny dip – seriously, how long has it been since you last had a nudie swim?
5) Get naked in public without being arrested...
6) Get a skinny dip sarong to wrap around yourself as you head to the beach – and keep it forever!
7) Meet our inspirational ambassador Jessica Smith - paralympian and award-winning spokeswoman for positive body image!
The Pickled Fig. 21 Ocean Drive, South Beach, South Fremantle!
Yes we have changed locations! To ensure better conditions and less swell we are holding the 2015 Skinny Dip at South Beach! South Beach is protected by Garden Island and has calm waters most days. Fremantle Council have generously allowed us to reserve South Beach for the Skinny Dip to ensure participant privacy! Thanks Freo!
We encourage all participants to use public transport or cycle to the event.
Sunday 8th March 2015
0900 am – Festival area opens
1030 am – Participant briefing
1100 am – Skinny dippers enter the water
1130 am – Participant presentation
Promoting the message “celebrate every body”, the event primarily aims to raise awareness and funds for the Butterfly Foundation. All profits generated from the day will go to Butterfly: A foundation committed to raising awareness about eating disorders and providing support to anyone affected by eating disorders and negative body image. In a society where so much focus is put on how we look and the size and shape that we are, the Butterfly Foundation strives to change this perception as well as what is promoted in health policy and practice. We also hope to break a Guinness Book of World Records for the World’s biggest skinny dip!
Online registrations are available until Saturday 7th March 2pm. If you miss out online, late entries will be available from 9-10am on the day. You must be 18 plus to participate.
Registration is $35 and includes a FREE sarong to collect on the day! All profits will go to the Butterfly Foundation!