Kep Track Adventure 2014 – presented by LatestBuy
Our 5th year of operations! We have grown with each year and in 2014 the Kep Track Adventure takes a new twist as we will be running from Noon to Dusk! This multi-use trail right on Perth’s doorstep provides an excellent introduction to long distance cross country mountain biking and a great pattern break for many of us Road Cyclists The Kep Track is built mainly on rail reserve, so the trail has a low gradient and compacted gravel surface.
The Kep Track runs roughly parallel to the Great Eastern Hwy, from Northam to Mundaring, and passes through historical sights such as the:
- The old brickworks at Refractory Road. Good photo opportunities.
- Bakers Hill, where we will be stopping for the legendary pies at the Bakers Hill Pie Shop
- Historic towns of Wooroloo, Chidlow, Mt Helena and Mundaring.
- A nice bit of twisting downhill single track that takes you to Mundaring where we will end where we start for breakfast - the Dome Coffee House in Mundaring.
Details of the ride are:
- Cost: $95.00 per person (
- Registered Blue Army Riders you pay $88.00)
- This includes coach transport to Northam, transfer of bikes by support trucks, support and safety vehicles throughout the journey, insurance and guidance on the track by PIHCG cycling coaches. Emergency rations, electrolytes and hydration and medical support will be by Perth Integrated Health practitioners.
- Date: Sunday 16th November 2014
- Location: Meet Point will be Dome Coffee House -Mundaring – leave vehicle at Craig Street as parking within Dome is out of bounds.
- Dome Mundaring will open for early lunch for participants and the Compulsory Safety Briefing will be conducted at 11.45 am immediately outside of Dome Mundaring premises.
- Depart Mundaring via coach at 12.15 pm am to the Northam township and from there we start on the Northam end of Kep Track.
- Ride back to Mundaring Dome, stopping at Bakers Hill for afternoon tea (a must) and anywhere else we feel like taking a break or photo.
- Arrive: between 6.00 pm to 7.30 pm at Mundaring Dome for late dinner (self purchase). Note that event support ends at 830 pm.
- Distance: 70km from Northam trail head to Dome Mundaring.
- Average speed will be 18-23 km/hr taking it easy to absorb the terrain challenges, scenery and photo ops.
Special Notation: This ride open to anyone with a moderate level of fitness and you need a mountain bike which you can also hire from various places. The event organisers who are also qualified tertiary health professionals reserve the right to refuse participants continuing on this ride should they deem that they are unwell or unfit to continue the journey. This event is open to the general cycling community and as stated – we are hoping that more ROAD Cyclists will take up the challenge to do this event in support of our MTB friends.
No payment will be accepted at our clinics for this event. We will cap the 2014 Latest Buy Kep Track Adventure to 200 participants. There will be no late entries, the sign up once completed is not transferable and there are no refunds regardless of circumstances.
To view our previous Kep Track Adventure photos go to our Facebook page under Perth Integrated Health Cycling Group and look under Albums for Kep Track Adventure 2010 to 2013, 2011 and 2012 via:
Perth Integrated Health Cycling Group
Participants will have up to date communication via Kep Track Newsletter leading to the event on a regular basis.
We are also supporting our synergy partners – the National Trust and their sterling efforts in the Golden Pipeline and of course the Kep Track. National Trust website: www.ntwa.com.au
Visit the Kep Track website: www.keptrack.com.au
Please also support our synergy partner for this event LatestBuy.com.au –they carry the latest in gadgets and hard to find items via their on-line store which is located right here in Bassendean and run by two West Australian brothers Shaun and Darren Campbell, themselves keen cyclists. Please support their enterprise as they are very supportive of the cycling community themselves.
Specific Enquiries to Event Director Kep Track Adventure: email@example.com