TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR: 2013 - 5TH ANNUAL GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
ABORIGINAL GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. EVENT ORGANISERS: Dunheved Golf Club (DGC); and Aboriginal Medical Service Western Sydney (AMSWS).
2. NAME & DATE OF EVENT: 2013 Greater Western Sydney Aboriginal Golf Championships (GWSAGC), will be held on Friday 29th Nov 2013 at Dunheved Golf Course commencing at 7am for breakfast
3. TROPHIES/PRIZES: Players will be competing for the ABORIGINAL PIONEERS SHIELD which is dedicated to the memories of Jack Patten, William Cooper, Bill Ferguson and Pearl Gibbs.
4. CLOSED CHAMPIONSHIPS COMPETITION: ABORIGINAL PIONEERS SHIELD (Male & Female)
- Scratch Winner and Runner-Up.
- Grade Handicap Winners: A/B/C Grades
- Grade Handicap Runners-up: A/B/C Grades
- ABSEC Junior Championship U18yrs (Male & Female)
- Tharawal Trophy: Female Handicap Event
5. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS COMPETITION:
- Colin Markham Reconciliation Trophy: Scratch Winner and Runner-Up
- Jim McDonald Trophy: Super Seniors (55yrs-64yrs) Handicap winner.
- Captain Reg Saunders: Veterans (65yrs+) Handicap winner.
- Kathleen McDonald Trophy: Associates Event.
- Delaney Family Perpetual Trophy: U18yo (Best Scratch Score)
6. PRESENTATION: will commence no later than 3pm.
7. PRIZES: Prizes not collected at presentation will be retained by AMSWS.
8. RULES: The rules of golf as applied by the R&A Rules Limited and in conjunction with any local rules approved by DGC and the Championship Committee.
9. SUPPLEMENTARY ITEMS: All paid participants will be issued with a commemorative shirt and breakfast, subject to registration fees being paid.
10. DRESS REGULATIONS: It is a requirement that all golfers comply with the dress regulations of the Club. Local regulations apply.
11. PROTESTS: Protests must be lodged in writing with the Championship Committee before the competition closes on the day of play.
12. TIE(S): In the event of a tie(s), a four hole playoff will determine a winner (10th, 11th, 17th and 18th holes). If a tie(s) still exist at the conclusion of four holes, sudden death will apply commencing from the 1st tee and continuing until a Winner is declared.
13. DRAW & STARTING TIMES:
- 7:00am-8:45am registration.
- 9am shotgun start.
- The draw announced before play with teams of four players.
14. REGISTRATION COSTS: 2013 GWSAGC are non-refundable.
15. MEDICATION: Please ensure if you are currently taking any prescription medication you have this with you if needed.
16. FIRST AID: Whilst reasonable first aid care will be provided, first aid assistance will be made available by AMS Western Sydney staff if required.