Register Now will also be the applicable data controller and is responsible for your personal information.
1. Our commitment to your privacy
Register Now provides a facility, subject to our terms and conditions, for event holders to sell tickets, merchandise and other products, and solicit donations for events which they hold, and for end users to purchase those tickets, merchandise and other products, and to pay donations.
Register Now takes your privacy seriously, and is committed to its compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Principles") and the European Union (“EU”) privacy laws and the requirements of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) ,including but not limited to the mandatory reporting obligations for eligible data breaches.
2. The information we collect or receive
Register Now believes in transparency and is committed to being upfront about our privacy practices. We will only collect personal and sensitive information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with, or directly related to, the functions that we offer on our Site, and the services that you have requested from us. You have to the right to object to, or restrict the collection of your personal data, however if you do not wish to provide us the information we require, we may not be able to provide all of our services to you
We collect personal and sensitive information from you when you interact with the Site, either at the time you register with us, or as a result of the features available to you once you have registered, including without limitation your:
- postal address;
- telephone number;
- credit card details;
- payment details;
- the details of any products you purchase through the Site;
- any donations you make; and
- any other information necessary to provide the functions and services requested.
Register Now will collect personal and sensitive information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Your consent in addition to our legitimate interest in offering our services to you forms our legal basis for collecting your personal data. Register Now may collect the personal and sensitive information directly from you, or alternatively from third parties (such as charities or payment providers) with whom you interact with or via the Site.
3. How we use your information
We will only use your personal and sensitive information for the provision of our goods and services to you, and for any other purpose which we state at the time of the collection, as permitted by law and/or as required to provide the functions and services you request. Such use may include the provision of your information to attendees at events, to event holders or to charities to whom you make donations.
We may also use the information you provide to engage in marketing. If we do use the information you provide in this manner then it is done in aggregate and on a purely anonymous basis with your personal and sensitive information removed. We will not use any sensitive information that you provide to us for this purpose without first obtaining your consent. If at any point in time you wish to withdraw your consent with respect to the collection of your personal data whether for marketing activities or generally, please provide us with your written request to do so by emailing us at email@example.com
We may also collect information about you and how you interact with our Site, by using or storing “cookies” on your computer. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time via your internet browser. However doing so may limit your use of some of the Site’s features.
Please remember that any information that you post in our public forums and any social media interfaces is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
5. Sharing your information
We will only disclose your personal and sensitive information in the following circumstances:
• when we have your consent;
• to third parties where necessary for us to provide our services to you, or where you have expressly asked us to do so for the purposes of them or us providing further services. These third parties may include, without limitation, banks and payment processors;
• to third parties from whom you use our services to purchase the third parties’ goods and services. These third parties could include event organisers, charity fundraisers, clubs (including sporting clubs), national sporting bodies and other associations. You should ensure that at the time you purchase goods or services from these third parties, that you are familiar with their privacy policies in relation to the use, storage and disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
• to our related bodies corporate, and their respective directors, officers, agents, and employees for the purpose of processing personal and sensitive information on our behalf;
• we may from time to time engage service providers to help us deliver our services to you. These service providers may be located in Australia and/or overseas (and in the case of overseas providers, we currently directly engage providers in Australia, New Zealand, the United States of America, the United Kingdom and Canada. In these instances, we may disclose your personal and sensitive information to these third parties in order to help deliver services to you.;
• to a third party data storage provider as part of the storage of your personal, sensitive or protected information on the Site on servers located within Australia.
• to comply with any law enforcement agency, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process in any jurisdiction that is investigating any breach or suspected breach of any law in any jurisdiction regarding your identity or other personal and sensitive information provided by you to us;
• where disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our agreements with you or any rights we have, including investigation of potential violations, or to detect, prevent, or investigate a matter relating to security, fraud or other technical issues.
• where disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect Register Now’s rights or intellectual property or to protect the safety of Register Now’s employees, users or the public as required or permitted by law; or
• where we are otherwise permitted by law to disclose your personal and sensitive information.
If you opt in to receive email communications from us, these will be sent to you directly by us. We will only send communications to people who have opted to receive them. You can unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time by using the link on the emails we send you, or informing us and we will do it for you.
7. How you may access your information
We provide you with easy access to the personal and sensitive information we hold about you. You may change and access certain parts of your personal and sensitive information (such as your contact details) via our Site. Copies of other personal and sensitive information which we hold may be reasonably requested by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling us in Australia on 1800 734 669. We may charge you a reasonable fee for complying with any such request.
We may refuse, in our sole discretion, to provide you access to your personal and sensitive information which we hold, where such refusal is permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Principles or any other law.
8. Quality & correction of personal and sensitive information
It is your responsibility to contact us from time to time to inform us of any changes to your personal, sensitive and protected information to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and of an appropriate quality to enable us to provide our goods and services to you.
Register Now will take reasonable steps to correct your personal and sensitive information if we are satisfied that your personal and sensitive information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, including making any appropriate deletions or additions to your personal and sensitive information.
Where applicable under the GDPR, we will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
9. How we protect your information
We will act to protect your personal and sensitive information in accordance with the Privacy Principles and where applicable the GDPR. We are committed to keeping the personal and sensitive information you provide to us secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal and sensitive information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures. Our safeguards include firewalls and data encryption. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us immediately.
To the extent permitted by the Privacy Principals and where applicable the GDPR, we will not be liable for information that has been unlawfully intercepted while in transit over the internet or while stored on our systems or on our Site. In the event we have reason to believe that an eligible data breach has occurred, we will notify the affected individual and a notification statement will be provided to the Office of Australian Information Commissioner or where applicable a notification will be issued to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Except as permitted by law, the Privacy Principals and the GDPR, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal and sensitive information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was disclosed, or where you have provided us with your written request to do so. Subject to the GDPR, we will honour your right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes.
10. Access to the Site outside Australia & Cross Border Disclosure
Register Now does not represent or warrant that the content on the Site complies with the laws of any country outside of Australia or the EU. If you access the Site from outside Australia or the EU, you do so at your own risk.
11. Contacting us
or call us in Australia on 1800 734 669.
Alternatively, any person may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner may be contacted on
Tel: 1300 363 992
or postal address at:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
or online at: www.oaic.gov.au.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.